Social Icons facebook Twitter YouTube Kanal Instagram


Congratulations - you have been admitted to a study programme at Bielefeld University. Your next step is enrolment. Enrolment takes place in the "Studierendensekretariat" (Student Office) in room C0-152, C0-156.

What you need to bring:

  • Application for enrolment (Antrag auf Immatrikulation) - You can get the "Antrag auf Immatrikulation" at the Student Office in (C0-152, C0-156), we can help you to complete the enrolment.
  • Proof of health insurance with a statutory health insurance scheme or proof of exemption from compulsory health insurance
  • A passport photo
  • Your passport (and visa)

After a few days, you will get a letter with your student ID-number and bank details, so you can pay the "social fee". As soon as the money has been transferred, the semester certificates as well as the semester ticket and the NRW ticket will be sent to the address on your "Antrag auf Immatrikulation". You can then get your student ID card at the info point in the main hall. Just bring the semester certificate and your passport.  


Do you have any questions?
We can help.
personensuche-Icon Contact


Download important documents, brochures and event programmes for degree-seeking students
-> here.


-> Click here to find the events for international students.