German language course for refugees
You fulfill the academic requirements for studying at a German university? You have already studied in your home country and wish to continue your studies in Germany? You do not yet fulfill the German language requirements with the level DSH-2?
Our German language centre PunktUm prepares you purposefully and intensely for the German language requirements for studying at a German university.
- Intensive language course with 28 hours per week
- Level A2 to C1: from beginner to the DSH examination
- Intensive support in terms of tutorials and accompanying programme
- Free of cost for refugees Ankunftsnachweis/proof of arrival, asylum seekers, tolerated persons, persons granted asylum or subsidiary protection, recognised refugees
- Enrollment as a language course student
For our language courses you need:
- School-leaving certificate, university certificates (in German: Hochschulzugangsberechtigung, z.B. Abitur) translated to German or English
- Optional: "HZB-Bescheinigung uni-assist" (available after online-application/free assessment procedure)
- Your residency/refugee status
- Language certificate/certificate of attendance
- September 07, 2017 - February 28, 2018
- March 08, 2018 - August 31, 2018
- September 07, 2018 - February 28, 2019
- March 07, 2019 - August 30, 2019
- September 05, 2019 - Decemeber 31, 2019
- from June 1 to July 15 for the course start in September
- from December 1 to January 15 for the course start in March
- We examine your documents whether they allow you to study in Germany.
- You receive an invitation to our languagent placement test via e-mail.
- You take part in the language test in the university.
- A ranking list will be set. Course places will be allocated based on language level, favoured course of study, etc. Please note that your current language certificate will not be used as a placement!
- You will receive a notification if you are granted a course place.
As a participant in our language course you are enabled to enrol as a language course student (non-degree).
For this purpose, a semester fee has to be paid: currently around 283 Euro per semester including the uni card and NRW-Semesterticket.
For the enrolment your documents need to be
- translated to German or English
- officially certified