Social Icons facebook Twitter YouTube Kanal Instagram

Preparations In Your Home Country

Organising a longer research stay abroad can be a very challenging and time consuming task. A lot of questions have to be answered far in advance. How do I apply for a visa? Can my spouse work as well? How do I find a suitable accommodation? Which school can my children attend?

On the following pages we have collected up-to-date information on the most relevant issues, such as visa regulations, childcare and housing. This information will make it easier for you to prepare for your stay in Bielefeld in your home country. If you have any questions concerning the preparation of your stay, please contact us!


Service Desk
Monday til Friday:
Room: C5-133

personensuche-IconOur team
Welcome Centre Flyer

International Academics
at Bielefeld University
on -> Facebook