Students interested in working on a project (e.g. Projektmodul, Bachelor or Master thesis) in the Theoretical Biology group are always welcome to contact us (e.g. per e-mail at email@example.com).
Possible topics include:
- Adaptation of populations to seasonally fluctuating environments
- Dominance in metabolic pathways
- Maintenance of intraspecific chemical diversity in plants
- Density-dependent evolution of mating systems
- Ecological and genetic Allee effects (reduced population growth at low population density)
- Dynamics of inbreeding depression
We are also happy to accommodate other research ideas suggested by the student.