An internship abroad is useful for several reasons. It is advantageous for future job applications, it helps with language skills and fosters intercultural competence. Furthermore, interns abroad encounter new work routines and mentalities, become more open and tolerant and learn to find their way in new environments.
The International Office gives advice on realising an internship abroad. The brochure "Wege ins Auslandspraktikum" [Paths to Internships Abroad] by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is also available here as well as "Flyer Praktikum im Ausland" [Internship abroad [in German]] from Bielefeld University.
Beginning with the academic year 2018/19 (i.e. for internships starting on or after 1 October 2018), the ERASMUS programme for internships abroad will no longer be coordinated by the Education Consortium Westphalia-Lippe (AWL) at the Bielefeld University of Applied Sciences. The planning and coordination for the coming programmes are currently be organized by Bielefeld University. As of August 2018, we would ask you to address any questions you may have to us in the IO at Bielefeld University.
For more information please vist the Homepage of AIESEC.
For more information about financing with ERASMUS+ please vist the Homepage of Fachhochschule Bielefeld [University of Applied Sciences].
- www.daad.de (in German)
- www.pasch-net.de (Internship at a German school, homepage in German)
- www.goethe.de (Internship at the "Goethe-Institut")
- www.praktika.de (in German)
- www.zav.de (in German)
- www.ahk.de (in German)
- http://en.asa-programm.de/english/home/ (Projekt-related internships)
- www.meinpraktikum.de/auslandspraktikum (in German)
- www.france.fr (Internships in France)
- www.europarl.europa.eu (Internships at European institutions)
- www.giz.de (Internships for projects in developing countries; in German)
- www.leonardo.ovgu.de (reports on internships supported by Erasmus)
- Internships to promote digital skills
- www.dfjw.org (voluntary internships in France)